RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Research and promotion of technological innovation are the strategic pillars for increasing Mira Technologies Group’s competitiveness and productivity.
The mission of the Research and Development Department is to leverage the skills of the entire team to develop innovative security technical control equipment. The products developed meet the technical challenges in the security area and aim at improving the safety of people or of the critical infrastructure.
Since 2008, our company has established partnerships with prestigious institutions of the academia and has focused on research, getting involved in research projects included in national or European programmes in various fields of expertise: counter-terrorism protection, transport (AVL), etc.
Our R&D team is keen to engage in research projects as a partner or in international/national consortia, driven by the desire to enhance our company’s innovation capability.
DESMTEH – Using the Nuclear Quadrupole Resonance Method in the Production of Equipment for Detecting Explosives and Drugs
• Identifying new detection equipment and solutions that help increase public safety and reduce cross-border crime (especially drug trafficking), which currently represents a global threat
• Production of two prototypes of equipment for detecting explosives and drugs, used for screening luggage and people, based on Nuclear Quadrupole Resonance (NQR):
• portable / mobile detector for explosives and drugs
• fixed detector for explosives and drugs
The two detection devices are based on the results of a preliminary research carried out by MIRA TECHNOLOGIES GROUP in cooperation with the University of Bucharest – Faculty of Physics in the field of electronics and quantum physics – quadrupole magnetic resonance (NQR).
• Identification of a variety of substances
• Real-time identification of substances in small and very small quantities (3-4 grams)
• Use of a non-invasive detection method
2. SMARTSENSE – Smart application for real-time air quality management in urban areas, focused on sensitive categories of people
• Creating a state-of-the-art smart system that monitors in real time the level of air pollution in urban areas
• The system generates a real-time map of the evolution of air quality and correlates the identified levels with the relevant international European standards. If the risk of exceeding air quality indicators is reached, the smart system further calculates the risk associated with the traffic dynamic, obtaining risk predictions for certain city areas and times of day.
• Development of an experimental prototype of a dedicated platform for monitoring air quality in a representative small neighbourhood of Bucharest
• Development of mathematical models based on experimental data to provide predictions for uncovered spatial points and forecasts on the other hand
• Predictive tool for the population and local authorities
• Awareness-raising tool enabling the public to get involved in the policies for assessing air quality in urban areas
• Creation of a dedicated mobile application with a dual purpose: informing the citizens and collecting feedback
• Continuous monitoring of pollution levels in urban areas (24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year)